Tvinci is a leading provider of Over-the-top TV management systems.
We got to know Tvinci quite some time ago and immediately connected, as we recognized they were made from excellent people who were passionate about their products and vision.
We decided it would be a great idea to integrate our systems, so Tvinci could benefit from a flexible video transcoding engine underneath its media management system, one that could be easily customized exactly to meet each of its customer’s needs.
We began planning and working on the following integration points:
- A metadata XML is provided from the customer, along with the source video and subtitle files.
- Those source files are placed in a watch-folder, which is linked to predefined workflow in Vcodes.
- The watch-folder triggers a video conversion workflow for several adaptive bitrate OTT target formats: IIS Smooth Streaming, Apple HLS and Adobe Dynamic Media, along with subtitles.
- For IIS Smooth Streaming, Vcodes is acquiring an encryption key from the Tvinci Playready server and encrypts the video.
- The XML is updated with the required technical metadata and delivered to the target destinations.
- Vcodes is sending a notification to the Tvinici’s server, via web services API, about job result and target output paths.
We keep working on more video transcoding scenarios and supporting more DRM providers, in order to provide as comprehensive solution as possible along with Tvinci.
Formed in 2007 especially for the advent of Over-the-Top TV (OTT TV), Tvinci’s award-winning platform enables its customers – TV operators, telcos and media companies – to create a personalized, social TV experience for end-users consuming premium content across devices. The company specializes in high-end solutions for the management of content and user experience, and has deployed its platform for leading brands like Orange, MSN, Elisa, MTV and others worldwide.
Tvinci plays a key role in delivering unified pay-OTT TV services over the open internet, taking both the role of content and storefront application management and that of orchestrating complementing technologies, from ingest and content protection, through discovery and payment to playback. Tvinci is a native OTT solution designed to suit the value chain, rather than a legacy system adapted to OTT, and as such, it is fundamentally designed to answer the challenges faced by operators branching-out of traditional TV and newcomers in the OTT space: handling multiplicity of standards, devices, required integrations and cross-device user scenarios.
Leading operators, broadcasters and media companies worldwide chose Tvinci, and our product is being used by millions of OTT end users. In an industry that shows a lot of “demoware”, Tvinci showcases its live OTT deployments. Our team, a mixture of TV industry veterans and internet video experience professionals located in Israel, the UK and the US, takes pride in what it does: delivering the TV experience of tomorrow- today.
For more information about Tvinci, visit http://tvinci.com/