Broadcast Video Workflow Automation
Vcodes for Broadcasters offers a best-in-class solution for automating the offline conversion of large-scale, multi-format video content. Whether you are a TV broadcaster or Over-the-top provider, Vcodes can dramatically cut manual work, required expertise, and costs involved with video conversion.
Vcodes’ intelligent workflows automate video conversion end to end – from the ingestion of source content, through analysis, transcoding, subtitling, video processing – and up to multiplexing and repackaging output files for cable VOD, mobile devices, broadcast servers, or any required format.
A seamless integration with the media asset management systems ensures an easy integration into your environment, with metadata and final encoded video flowing between systems.
Custom-tailored workflows support your unique video requirements and processes.
- Automatic source analysis, error detection and metadata retrieval
- Extensive video/audio processing with automatic decision making
- Rule based re-packaging for substantial time saving
Batch digitization of tapes into mezzanine, broadcast and VOD formats.
- Parallel tape capture from all analog/digital sources
- Real-time encoding to hi-res and mezzanine formats
- Non-destructive trimming and legalization
Video transcoding and processing
Intelligent video and audio processing deliver the required file formats with the highest possible quality.
- Tier 1 class distributed encoding/transcoding to all formats
- Video and audio processing – rule based scaling/letterboxing, frame accurate trimming, image enhancement, audio normalization and much more
- Guaranteed smooth playback and trick-play on end devices
Powerful subtitling options provide full control over subtitle position, style and format:
- DVB subtitles supporting multiple subtitle tracks
- Overlaid subtitles for any video format
- Automatic subtitle ingest and timecode synching
An Administrator interface enables the efficient management and monitoring of the entire video processing workflow:
- Job monitoring and prioritization
- Enhanced system scalability with quick addition of machines
- Reports and statistics